Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Shyla Colt

Did you think all I had for you today was fudge that didn't go so well? You were wrong, I hope you enjoy who I have today.
1) Can you please introduce yourself to everyone?

 Hi All * Waves. For those of you who don’t know me my name is Shyla Colt, and I’m a genre hopping rebel with a pen, hell bent on diversifying romance. I’ve been many things in my life, a DJ, sound and lighting engineer, and a flight attendant, just to name a few gigs. But I’ve always loved the written word. I grew up with my nose buried in books, and I often wondered where the characters were who looked like me, and had my life experiences. Thus began my goal of adding variety to romance.  While I explore many worlds, and genres you will always find humor, strong female characters, and geek culture somewhere in each of my books. I am a total fangirl geek, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
 This is herAuthor Bio: 
Shyla Colt grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio, but has lived a variety of different places thanks to her wanderlust, interesting careers, and marriage to a United States Marine. She’s always loved books and wrote her very first novel at the age of fifteen. She keeps a copy of her first submission letter on her desk for inspiration.
 After a lifetime of traveling, she settled down and knew her time had come to write. Diving into her new career like she does everything else, with enthusiasm, research and a lot of prayers, she had her first book published in June of 2011. As a full-time writer, stay at home mother, and wife, there’s never a dull moment in her household. 

2) Would you like to share any work you are doing?



I have a boxed set of my popular series, Dueling Devils M.C. coming out on November 22nd. I’m really excited to see the series together in not just ebook, but print as well.
 She sent us some  blurbs too:
Ride Blurb
Experience the Ride from the beginning.
The red, white, and blue rally used to be a high point for Ardy Larkin. The festival brought in enough money for the town to scrape by, and added a bit of excitement to the air. This year everything’s different. Her father made a deal he couldn’t back, and now her life is forfeit. Demanded as payment for their debt she finds herself attached to the biggest, baddest, member of the Dueling Devils M.C., their president, Demon. 

In need of someone to watch his children while he was away, Ardy Larkin seemed like the perfect solution to all Demon’s problems, until he caught a case of feelings for an innocent girl who didn't belong in his world. When a dangerous situation forces his feeling to the forefront, he shows her what it means to be claimed by a member of the Dueling Devils. 
Book 2: Payback
She paid the price for her family’s debt working for the Dueling Devils M.C. Love was never meant to be part of the deal. But somehow, the dark and dangerous club president, Demon stole her heart. Now she’s thrust into hell fire. The Sidewinders’ personal attack on Demon’s family has the M.C. out for blood. As the rough side of Demon’s lifestyle rears its ugly head, she’s tested to her breaking point. 

Consumed with keeping his family safe, Demon is determined to put the Sidewinders in the ground. Focused on revenge, he watches the miles between him and Ardy grow. The. M.C. comes first, but he won’t let Ardy walk away now that he’s claimed her. Backed into a corner he does the only thing he knows how to, fight his way out. 
Book 3: Wrecked
You can’t have love without trust, so Lefty never looked twice at a woman. Betrayed at a young age, the only people he trusts are his brothers in the Dueling Devils motorcycle club. The boys took him in and showed him the meaning of family and loyalty. Then he broke his own rule and slept with the same woman more than once. She became a habit, and he got ensnared by the island beauty who ruled her strip club with an iron fist. The problem is, Gia’s not interested in anything serious. 

The minute Gia Hughes began to trust Lefty, she knew she was in too deep. The smart thing would’ve been to walk away, but the chemistry between them was too powerful. Then he started asking for more, and she was forced to run from the only thing she ever really wanted—a place to belong. The skeletons buried in her closet need to stay buried to keep her safe, but all too soon that decision is taken out of her hands.

3) Do you have a favorite genre?
 I don’t. I love it all. 
4) Did you always want to write or what inspired you to do it?
 I did always want to write. I had an active imagination, and I was constantly making up stories as child. When I got old enough I realized. I could put these stories in my head to paper, it opened up a whole new world, and dreams of being a writer were born.
5) Do you need a nice quiet space to write or are you blasting your music and writing?
 I’m a stay at home mom with two kids under five, so I’ve learned to write when I can where I can. I’m one of those people who always has a pen and some sort of paper in their purse, because you never know when inspiration is going to strike. I do have an office area where I retreat when I can. We recently moved, and it’s a new addition I’m in love with.
6) If you could give one tip to someone who wants to write what would it be?
 Write, write, and write some more. Improve you craft as much as possible. Let others see your work, and revise accordingly.  An editor is your best friend. Don’t be afraid to submit, and never stop believing in yourself. 
7) What is the big dream? In other words where would you like your writing to take you to in the future?
 Oh, wow. You know, I just want my readers to continue to enjoy my work, see progress, and be able to make a living putting words to paper and entertaining others. I’m a simple gal.
8) If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be?
 This is a really hard one. I’ve been inspired by so many people over the years. I’ll go with one of my favorite authors. S.E. Hinton.

Now the fun questions:
        
1) Do you like pizza or salad?
 Both lol
 
2) What do you like more cake or fruit?
 Cake 

3)
What is your favorite kind of music? 
I do have a special place in my heart for Classic Rock 

4)
Who is your favorite Author? 
There are so many, Aurora Reynold Rose, A.C. Bextor, Laurel K. Hamilton, S.E. Hinton to name a few. 

5)
Do you like Vampire, Werewolf, Fairy or shifter men when you read for pleasure?
 All of the above, I love paranormal stories! 

6)
Do you have pet's?
 I don’t. 

7)
Do you have favorite animal not your pet's but a wild animals? 
the wolf, they have a nobility about them .

8)
Do you like city or suburbs better? 
Suburbs, I like being away from the hustle and bustle.
9) Do you have tattoos? Do you want one?
 I love tattoos. I actually have two, but I’d love more.
10) Do you like guys with tattoos?
 Oh yes. * nods head enthusiastically.
11) Do you have a favorite place you like to be? 
With my family and friends. As the wife of a Marine I cherish time

Gizmo's corner:


1. Hi, I am Gizmo and you are?
 Hi Gizmo,  I’m doing wonderful, how are you?
I am good a bit cold but I am good, thanks for asking.
2.  Do you go to any stores? If so which is your favorite store? 
 I go to a couple of stores regularly, but the one I love going to the most is Michaels.
3. What would look for in a pet? 
A loyal companion who likes to snuggle.
4. Do you have a favorite animal show? 
I love My Cat From Hell. It’s always gratifying to see the trainer bring the cat and the family back in harmony.
5.       Would you let a dog roll in the sand? 
(I love sand) Yes I would. J
6. Would you take a dog to the off the leash parks or would you like the walks better? 
 I’d prefer walks where we could have more one on one time.
7. Do you like giving belly rubs?
 Who doesn’t?
8. Do you like it when it's warm or cold out? Day or night? 
Oooh I like a mixture of both. Fall is my favorite season because you get a great mixture.
9. What is your favorite treat to give a visiting pet?
 Biscuits.
10. Would you let a pet sleep on a human bed, a dog bed, the top of the couch, the floor or the crate?
 I like them in a dog bed, they’re adorable, and dogs really seem to enjoy them. I think it’s important for every member of the family to get their own space.
So how was that? Did that make up for the fudge? I hope so. I am E. J Babcock and I hope you all have a GREAT day/night.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me over today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome interview and 2 snaps for being a Supernatural fan. I soooo want your shirt...well if my girls would fit anyhow. Question....Big Bang or Glee?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Big Bang...but that's me...

    ReplyDelete