Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Easy Fudge??

Ok  I have been having so many writers and artist on here I haven't made anything good lately that was homemade. That beng said an "easy" peanut butter fudge recipe showed up on FaceBook. I wanted to try it. Now the recipe I am posting is for 1 batch (the pictures are for two batches, I double it because if the kids like it nobody will get a chance to eat the single batch.)

Ok so this is what they should look like in the end:






Easiest peanut butter fudge recipe ever (ok Yeah we will see)

INGREDIENTS:


  • 2 cups granulated white sugar
  • ½ cup milk
  • 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract                                                                            8x8 inch baking pan
  • COOK'S NOTE

    *To make this fudge “dairy-free,” use coconut milk or Silk Almond Unsweetened in place of cow’s milk.*

DIRECTIONS

  1. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan.
  2. In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil. Allow to boil for about 2½ minutes, stirring regularly, and then remove from heat. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and stir until smooth.
  3. Pour the mixture into the pan and allow to cool until set. Slice into 1-inch squares.

KITCHEN COUNTER

Makes About 16 pieces. (Yeah with my kids...we will see)

http://communitytable.com/237303/lorilange/the-easiest-peanut-butter-fudge-recipe-ever/
 
So nowhere in the recipe did it say to put in the fridge. So thanks to a friend (you know who you are) after it cooled a bit I put in the fridge for 10 hours and it never setup. Now I could have lied and said it came out perfect but it didn't. So what we did (thanks to Daniel my oldest son)  was turn them into fudge shots... without the rum. Very tasty, I am not sure where I went wrong in recipe I am not sure. Still had fun and had a tasty treat.
I am E. J Babcock I hope you have a wonderful day/night. Stay warm and if you are somewhere warm, can you send us some plane tickets?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment